Nancy-Université is part of a long line of universities established in France, the first of which was founded in the nearby city of Pont-à-Mousson in 1572 by the Dukes of Lorraine. It was transferred to Nancy in 1768. In March 2007 the three principal universities of Nancy:
- Université Henri Poincaré (Sciences and Medicine),
- Université Nancy 2 (Social and Human Sciences, Law, Economics and Management),
- Institut National Polytechnique de Lorraine (INPL, Engineering Sciences) decided to federate into Nancy-Université to offer one of the widest ranges of training programs in France.
Nancy-Université embodies the evolution of the university site of Nancy and is now federating the city’s three historic universities: Lorraine National Polytechnic Institute, Nancy 2 and Henri Poincaré Universities.
Ten compelling reasons for studying at Nancy-Université
- A comprehensive coverage of most scientific fields: Sciences, Technology, Health, Engineering Sciences, Human and Social Sciences, Law-Economics-Management
- Four hundred degrees and diplomas on offer: two-year diplomas, Bachelors’ degrees and their professional equivalent, various health diplomas, Engineering Degrees, Master’s Degrees, PhDs
- A lively campus with 40,000 students, 2,700 professors and researchers, 2,400 administrative, technical and engineering staff
- A dynamic research environment with 75 certified laboratories, most of them linked to highly reputed French national research bodies (CNRS, Inserm, INRIA and INRA)
- Extensive buildings and real estate with 610,000m² of floor space spread over 1,100 m² of land in Lorraine
- A long-standing reputation in Science, Law, Humanities and Medicine inherited from the original universities: the range of subjects taught has evolved to take scientific, social and economic changes into accoun
- Ten engineering schools: a greater emphasis on engineering than in any other university city in France
- Departments such as Mathematics, Computer Science, Geosciences, Materials, Law and Finance that have acquired an enviable international reputation
- With a well-established base in fundamental sciences, the University has successfully introduced new and innovative subjects: Mathematics and Artificial Intelligence, Physics and Nanosciences, Foreign languages, Escort and Language Didactics, Geology and Sustainable Development. Diplomová práca.
- The Universities contribute to Nancy’s prestigious atmosphere, a cultural and artistic city with a friendly, human approach where one resident in seven is a student